Sign in to follow this  
PfeffiKiss

Best European Countries for Marijuana Smokers?

PfeffiKiss

Hello, my name is Charon. I'm from the United States but I try to make it out to Europe 2-3 times a year (usually for business but sometimes just for fun). I was curious: what countries are widely considered the most friendly to marijuana users? I've been fortunate enough to stay with friends in marijuana friendly places when OI visit but if I take the train across Europe on my own, I just want to know where I can relax or where I need to be more careful. Thanks!

Narsår

I would suggest Copenhagen or the obvious Amsterdam. Copenhagen has the "Fristad". From a stoners point of view its: Lower prices then in Amsterdam and just as good quality. And you everything is centered around one area. In Norway you have to know people to get decent quality. The prices here are high due to the prohibition. 

good travels :D

• Like 2

LHC

I think besides Norway and Sweden, almost all Europeean countries have a relaxed attitude towards Cannabis. Besides Denmark and Holland, as Narsår mentioned, it is only Spain as far as I know who has organized sales. Check out spanish cannabis clubs. In the other countries you have to know your way around.

• Like 1

PfeffiKiss

Excellent! I have some friends in Madrid and Barcelona that were telling me a bit about the cannabis clubs. But I'll definitely be stopping in Copenhagen too. Thanks!

• Like 1

LHC

Copenhagen is a great, great city. Hire yourself a bike and enjoy the relaxed atmopshere. The freetown Christiania is like a larga outdoor coffeeshop. As long as you enjoy your stash inside you are safe, but there are often cops checking pockets around the area. But nothing beats a nice warm summer evening at Christiania. Enjoy.

• Like 1

PfeffiKiss
21 hours ago, LHC said:

Copenhagen is a great, great city. Hire yourself a bike and enjoy the relaxed atmopshere. The freetown Christiania is like a larga outdoor coffeeshop. As long as you enjoy your stash inside you are safe, but there are often cops checking pockets around the area. But nothing beats a nice warm summer evening at Christiania. Enjoy.

That sounds like paradise. I can't wait!

PoopEye

Dang! I thought Paradise was located somewhere in the US, called Colorado!

The Weed is Always Greener on the Other Side, it seems…

How's the situation in your neck of the woods?

PfeffiKiss

I visited Colorado and it was cool but there's still a surprisingly strong conservative presence there that doesn't want cannabis in their neighborhoods. The weather wasn't that nice when I went which probably made me enjoy it less. In Los Angeles (where I live now) things are pretty relaxed as far as marijuana goes and it's been like that for some time. You still hear about police raids on shops and things like that but since we passed recreational use, things might calm down next year when sales become legal. 

Bamse

Praha is most likely a cool place. It is not legal. but high acceptance. And so butiful to! 

Safe travel!