Gå til innhold
Canna Celtic

Help a lad out

Canna Celtic

Hey guys. 

A 5x5x7 (120x120x215) Mammoth Elite  120q tent. 

I was wondering if these two LED lights I post below would be a good combo for growing about 6/7 ladies?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B075R61CNT/ref=cm_cr_arp_mb_bdcrb_top?ie=UTF8

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0185OLBPK/ref=cm_cr_arp_mb_bdcrb_top?ie=UTF8

Any help would be greatly appreciated 

Endret av Eoin Irish

Del dette innlegget

Lenke til innlegg
Bamse303

Should probably be alright pal, but I hear it's better to make your own panels, not my area of expertise though as I'm still stuck in the hps days since I got nicked all that time ago;)

I think there used to be a guide around here with tips on making your own panels but unfortunatley it's probably in Norwegian, Will be trying out LED \myself soon to just do the odd bit of vegetables indoors all year round,  the lights you showed might not be the best,but they look decent enough, why not order some LED's on a budget and have a go? You've got nothing to lose, as anything is better than going dry or having to skulk about the fucking river to score a few bits of "standard" ?

Cheers

Endret av Bamse303

Del dette innlegget

Lenke til innlegg
Canna Celtic

I know feckin nothing about growing tbh pal. It’s out of sheer desperation i think i have to. If it was just for a toke it would be fine but really need it for ptsd. 

But I’ll give your recommendations a look into 

Im looking at quantum boards with samungs chips or something. 

Cheers Bamse :)

Del dette innlegget

Lenke til innlegg
Mr.Rosin

Shout out to @jiffemann and @SixIxIxthey know their stuff when it comes to LED's :) Growing is easy dude, it is all about patience.

Del dette innlegget

Lenke til innlegg
Canna Celtic

Mr Rosin thanks mate. I hope i can do it. 

My best friend in was amazing at gro. Oh how i miss him now lol

Have a great evening bro 

Peace 

Del dette innlegget

Lenke til innlegg
jiffemann

I would recommend going the DIY route, and not buy any of those "blurple" LEDs, most likely epistar, which is a terrible design by now, and kinda was even 10 years ago when they was released.

Atm going with samsungs diodes is the "best bet", 

Chinese "clones" of these : https://horticulturelightinggroup.com/products/hlg-550 can be had for around 4-500 USD shipped to Norway (check alibaba let me know if you require direct links ;) ) , and would be a GREAT light for a 1x1m or there about, 1,2x1,2 is maybe a bit on the large side for just one of those lights, but it will still grow ALOT of weed :D 

Del dette innlegget

Lenke til innlegg
Canna Celtic

I was look at something similar to this you sent. I was chatting with this girl Emily about these lights.

Do you think two of these in a 120x120x215 tent? And is Alibaba safe to order from for these kinda things? 

If so, I’m gonna order them now

https://f2rq3.app.goo.gl/?link=https://app.alibaba.com/dynamiclink?touchId%3D60776362349%26type%3Dproduct%26schema%3Denalibaba%3A%2F%2Fdetail%3Fid%3D60776362349%26ck%3Dshare_detail%26ck%3Dshare_detail%26shareScene%3Dbuyer&apn=com.alibaba.intl.android.apps.poseidon&ibi=com.alibaba.sourcing&isi=503451073&amv=69

Del dette innlegget

Lenke til innlegg
Canna Celtic

I got quoted at 480 US dollars for both.. 

Del dette innlegget

Lenke til innlegg
jiffemann

If you are getting quoted 480USD (shipped ? ) for 500w of lm301b diodes you are getting a very good deal !

And yes, that is actually the company I ordered from the last time, arrived fast and safe !

• Tommel opp 1

Del dette innlegget

Lenke til innlegg
KaosGartner

I got the same price Inc shipping

• Tommel opp 1

Del dette innlegget

Lenke til innlegg
Canna Celtic

I think this is a great price guys. Can’t wait to get them. 

Del dette innlegget

Lenke til innlegg
Canna Celtic

Any recommendations on carbon filters, pipes,  soil all that comes along with it here in Norway?

Del dette innlegget

Lenke til innlegg
Mr.Rosin

If you are going for those LED's you don't need very powerful exhaust-fans. But if you are living nearby or in Oslo, i would recommend you to go to the store in person instead of ordering(paying cash), you know paper trails and so on.

So in other words; it is easier for us to pick out what you need at the store(and what store to go to) if we know what city you reside in. :)

Endret av Mr.Rosin
  • Tommel opp 1

Del dette innlegget

Lenke til innlegg
Canna Celtic

Hey Rosin! Thanks for your reply :)

Good tip man. I think i’ll do that. And pay in cash is not stupid.

I live not far from Oslo.  Any place you can recommend?

Del dette innlegget

Lenke til innlegg
Canna Celtic
jiffemann

3000k is quite good, better for flowering, I personally use 3500k for allround lights.

Del dette innlegget

Lenke til innlegg
Mr.Rosin

Sorry for late reply, had a lot to take care of/attend to. Bad timing to leave you hanging, bud! I just hope the timing did not discourage you. :)

But if you go to the "hydrohagen"-store, i would recommend;

http://www.hydrohagen.no/products/prima-klima-gt-kanalvifte-med-termostat-og-hastighetskontroller

Get the biggest one, the 160mm (800m2), i know it is overkill, but you will not run it on max and it will benefit you on the sound volume(air flow noise) and bigger/easier airflow due to less resistance in bottlenecks and so on. And it is always great to have the option to increase airflow, if ever needed (as in the last week or two of flower).  ...OR if ever the weather gets to hot(or incase you upgrade to bigger tent :D ). And it has already an built-in temp-controller which is a big phat plus in my books.

...and you need a coal filter

http://www.hydrohagen.no/products/can-lite-filter

Since this is the "Can-lite" (i see they only have non-brands or budget-filters) get the minimum 160mm 800m2, but i would recommend a bigger one and if the diameter of the tubes don't fit, get an reduction piece/funnel. There are several reasons why i would recommend this; it will last you longer and you can always choose to duct-tape half of it if you want(and switch later when the one half goes bad/fails), again, expanding the life of the filter(saving you the hazzle of dumping old and buying new more often). And the biggest reason in my opinion is, the airflow will go slower through the filter since it got thicker walls with coal in it(wider barrier of coal to penetrate before being released), it will filtrate the smell a lot better. So if you are able to get twice the size of you fan-airflow(m2), it is beneficial. So lets say the fan is 800m2, aim for an 1600m2 filter, more or less (now that said, they will argue with you in the store, but remember they are there to sell you stuff, as much as possible and as often as they can. So stay firm on what you want and need (as the late Mr. Carlin would say; fuck the fucking fuckers!)). Also smaller filter tend to fail under high RH% much more easily, rendering your filter more or less useless.

On a sidenote, i would never underestimate my coal filter, it is all about safety.

And finaly you will need ventilation tubes; 160mm, this depends on how far you will need to extend to an outlet/window so you have to make/take? measurements, and always add a little extra (a meter or so, better to long than to short).

Buy duct tape on clasohlson, ducttape fixes everything, they say. It fixed my wife, she don't talk that much now :D Also buy an oscillating fan.

Remember to pay cash at the growshop and hope it helps, bud! :)

Endret av Mr.Rosin

Del dette innlegget

Lenke til innlegg
Mr.Rosin

As for soils, i am now testing out the Atami's brand(it is a good product, but not as good as canna or plagron's soils. But they are cheaper. ...just nitpicking here), so get one of the light mix(janeco) and one of the all-mix(bi-grow), the light mix is for the early stages of the growth and the last re-potting is the all-mix. Now i have heard good things about the Atami feed, but never used them myself. But if not, go for the Bio-bizz grow and bloom or GHE's organic series, but be aware; they will probably tell you that you need more additives (this and that), but it is all bullshit, and not really needed. Get also 9x2litre pots and 9x 5-7litres pots, with run-off trays. And ask if they have the "mycorrhizae", these are beneficial fungi, that works in symbiosis with the roots and helps to break down organic matter as well as attach to the rootsystem to increase uptake of nutrients and water. (if you ever find the book "teaming with microbes" online or choose to buy it, that is really a good read about beneficial fungi(microbes and how to tend to them) and how to "feed the soil". Treat your soil proper and it will continue to give and give) :)

If you have any other questions i will answer as soon as i can, but i am a bit busy for the time, so don't give up and grow hard, bro! :)

Endret av Mr.Rosin

Del dette innlegget

Lenke til innlegg

Opprett en konto eller logg inn for å kommentere

Du må være et medlem for å kunne skrive en kommentar

Opprett konto

Det er enkelt å melde seg inn for å starte en ny konto!

Start en konto

Logg inn

Har du allerede en konto? Logg inn her.

Logg inn nå