Sign in to follow this  
NicNedved

Ski + weed in Norway?

NicNedved

Hi! 

Me and my buddys are going to Norway for 3 month, but we are not quiet sure whitch city we should pick. We like skiing and snowboarding, and weed ofc. I'll make it simple, whitch city got the craziest slopes and (easy to get) good weed?

Sincerely

• Thumbs up 1

Dr Dank

Hello NicNedved. First welcome to Norcan & second welcome to Norway :) 

There are a LOT of great ski and snowboard resorts in Norway that is for sure. Not at big as in Canada, U.S or the European Alps off course. And if you are interested in backcountry and more alpine experiences there are lots of them too. 

The biggest resorts in Norway are Trysil, Hemsedal, and Hafjell. Closest to Oslo is Oslo WinterPark and Norefjell. But there are many smaller ones with just as good skiing and some even better off piste and pow. Some are Røldal, MyrkdalenVossSogndal, StrandaSunnmørsalpene and Narvik in general is good, Lyngs Alps and Tromsø are awesome. Northern lights, whale safari, dog sledding and everything in one place. And Lofoten is pretty awesome if you want to go epic scenery backcountry skiing and you can go surfing as well. How easy there is to get good weed in any of these places without any contact with the right people i really dont know. To be honest. But there will be potheads up un the resorts for sure, and if you cant spot them, its always just a matter of asking politely if they know of anyone who might be able to help you out. There is not really a marked for weed "on the streets" in Norway as there is in other countries. You can always by som Hasj of the kids in Grønland and Vaterland in Oslo. If you are lucky you can actually get good Hasj there, but mostly its just standard stuff and what i like to call Camel-Shit. You dont really want that. 

On the other hand. In this forum we are not allowed to facilitate any kind of actions regarding selling or buying. So im not sure if im the borderland here with my tips towards where to buy. But since you are here for three months, just keep you eyes peeled for someone even remotely resembling a toker. Just ask... The Police here in Noway are a complete joke, and always understaffed. But if they get you for possession, youre either going in for a little questioning, or just get fined. If they kick you out i dont know. Marihuana politics here in Norway is not very 2019, but more like 1960´s. 

Dont be afraid to raise other questions :) We would like our guest here to have the best experience. And wintertime in Noway can be a super-nice time, if there is enough snow. But hey its a long country so there will always be snow somewhere! 

• Thumbs up 1

NicNedved
21 timer siden, Dr Dank skrev:

Hello NicNedved. First welcome to Norcan & second welcome to Norway :) 

There are a LOT of great ski and snowboard resorts in Norway that is for sure. Not at big as in Canada, U.S or the European Alps off course. And if you are interested in backcountry and more alpine experiences there are lots of them too. 

The biggest resorts in Norway are Trysil, Hemsedal, and Hafjell. Closest to Oslo is Oslo WinterPark and Norefjell. But there are many smaller ones with just as good skiing and some even better off piste and pow. Some are Røldal, MyrkdalenVossSogndal, StrandaSunnmørsalpene and Narvik in general is good, Lyngs Alps and Tromsø are awesome. Northern lights, whale safari, dog sledding and everything in one place. And Lofoten is pretty awesome if you want to go epic scenery backcountry skiing and you can go surfing as well. How easy there is to get good weed in any of these places without any contact with the right people i really dont know. To be honest. But there will be potheads up un the resorts for sure, and if you cant spot them, its always just a matter of asking politely if they know of anyone who might be able to help you out. There is not really a marked for weed "on the streets" in Norway as there is in other countries. You can always by som Hasj of the kids in Grønland and Vaterland in Oslo. If you are lucky you can actually get good Hasj there, but mostly its just standard stuff and what i like to call Camel-Shit. You dont really want that. 

On the other hand. In this forum we are not allowed to facilitate any kind of actions regarding selling or buying. So im not sure if im the borderland here with my tips towards where to buy. But since you are here for three months, just keep you eyes peeled for someone even remotely resembling a toker. Just ask... The Police here in Noway are a complete joke, and always understaffed. But if they get you for possession, youre either going in for a little questioning, or just get fined. If they kick you out i dont know. Marihuana politics here in Norway is not very 2019, but more like 1960´s. 

Dont be afraid to raise other questions :) We would like our guest here to have the best experience. And wintertime in Noway can be a super-nice time, if there is enough snow. But hey its a long country so there will always be snow somewhere! 

Hi buddy and thank you so much for a great answer! 

I've been to Oslo two times, great city...but I dont know, after I googled the other cities you mentioned, holy cow...Oslo is a big nono, Norway got soooo many beautiful cities, the nature is fucking insane! :D

I'll have a chat with my boys. But we dont wanna be stuck far up north, without weed, if you feel me haha. 

Not sure if I break any rules, but does the people in Norway smokes a lot of weed? Winter sports, awesome nature + weed is a really nice combo :) 

Take care! 

Sincerely

rk

What about Bergen?

In my opinion, this is one of the gems worth mentioning. The city is marvellous in so many ways, and it's location offer a lot more than just the life of a city. Less than two hours away, you have the wonderful Voss which is known for various extreme sports and, of course, great skiing at Voss Resort and Myrkdalen.

And also, if the winter is good, you can go skiing in the mountains that surrounds the city. If you're into randonee :D And if you don't like hiking you can take a 45 min drive to Eikedalen.

What kind of skiing do you like?

Edited by rk
  • Like 1

Dr Dank
3 timer siden, NicNedved skrev:

I've been to Oslo two times, great city...

Oslo has it pros and cons like every other capital. Its not a very pretty city architecturally, but it can be charming. But you are so right, Norway is SO MUCH more than Oslo. Holy moly! If you want the nicest scenery there is so much to pick from i dont even know where to start. 

But we dont wanna be stuck far up north, without weed, if you feel me haha

No problem seeing that as an issue ;) LOL! But Tromsø should be ok to get some drugs up north. Those northern Norwegians know how to have a good time :)  Its a fairly tourist infested town this time a year. But very nice to. In the biggest cities in Norway Oslo, Bergen, Trondheim, Stavanger there is alway possible to score weed, but you have to know who as i said.  

Not sure if I break any rules, but does the people in Norway smokes a lot of weed? Winter sports, awesome nature + weed is a really nice combo :) 

Norway has one of the strictest marihuana legislations in Europe. But that does not mean we dont smoke. Some are very hostile towards marihuana and regards is as narcotics, and the same old story about gatewaydrug blabla bla. But those are not very well informed individuals and a bit stuck in the past. The consumption amongst younger adults and teenagers are increasing. So there is a slow revolution coming here to, with younger politicians and openminded debates. I smoke as much as i can, while being outdoors. Camping/digging-in with tents in the Norwegian mountains like Jotunheimen (Hurrungane) for a few days and just go randonee and splitboarding  on every top while rolling fatties is one of my favourites. 

My tip is to start at a location where you can buy the weed you need for your stay ( remember Norwegian prices on weed bought of the street or from a random local can be very steep) Then go to your designated destination for a action filled ski, smoke & toke adventure. The western part of Norway is nice as @rk mentioned. Bergen and Voss, Myrkdalen etc as i said. But i must say i hold the northwestern part even higher. Lofoten is top three mind blowing places to go, even if youre not planning actions sports. You can ski all the way from the tops down to the waterline. Just watch some vids at YouTube. 

And off course Lyngen! Tromsø. 

And last but not least. Stranda in Sunnmøre. 

Almost forgot Sogndal. 

Edited by Dr Dank
  • Like 1

NicNedved

Hey again, and thanks a lot for the answers and feedback! :) 

I think we are aiming for Lillehammer, what you guys think about that? 

Dr Dank

If you aim to travel a bit, maybe rent a car. Its not to far away from great skiing opportunities i different mountains. Lillehammer town as a ski-tourist attraction per-se, is not a very exiting place, unless you are interested in olympic history and "old-fart" doings;)  The closest resorts are Kvitfjell (olympic DH course) not for beginners, and Hafjell (also olympic resort). But you could drive three hours west towards Hemsedal, which is a great resort. One of the most popular places for great skiing and super after-ski, with coke heads & stoners from the richest part of Oslo and surrounding suburbs in every corner (Yay!!).

IMO i recommend you to also drive two- 1/2 hours north from Lillehammer on E6 and RV15. You will get to Lom and Jotunheimen eventually. Jotunheimen is a gorgeous place, and a mythological place mentioned in the Norse mythology (Thor, Odin and all that stuff) and has the highest mountains in Norway. I dont know if the road is open all the way now in the winter though. But aks around in Lillehammer or call/ e-mail the lokal tourist-office in the area, for road conditions, weather info regarding the different places and snow conditions etc. There should not be to difficult to score som weed in Lillehammer since your staying three months. :) Good luck! 

Edited by Dr Dank

rk

Hey again, and thanks a lot for the answers and feedback! :) 

I think we are aiming for Lillehammer, what you guys think about that? 

What are you looking for? Regular slopes?